With the gorgeous weather we have been having and summer right around the corner (42 days to be exact, but who’s counting?), I have the perfect snack or dessert to enjoy on a warm, sunny day. Not only is this recipe effortless, but it is gentle on the waist line. I know that’s an important factor since we all have bathing suit season on the brain, eek!
I promise you, once you make homemade ice cream, you will not go back to store-bought. The ingredients are all natural, no additives, bolder flavours and the texture is much creamier.
Here is what you will need:
- 3 cups frozen mango (I cut my own mango and then freeze it, but a frozen pre-packaged version in the frozen section of the grocery store works just as well)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey
How to make:
- Add all the ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Pour the mixture into a pan or bowl and smooth over in an even layer.
- Freeze until frozen, yet soft enough to scoop which is about 2 hours. If you are freezing over night or for a longer period of time, cover in plastic wrap and let it sit out at room temperature for about 5-10 minutes before scooping.
- When ready to eat, scoop into a bowl or cone and add your favourite toppings if you’re feeling wild. I add shredded coconut and drizzle chocolate if I really want to indulge (which is basically every time).
Alright, so just a little side note- this recipe gets even better! You can substitute the mango for any of your other favourite fruits (strawberry, kiwi, pineapple, you name it). You can even change up the greek yogurt flavour. Get creative and tell me your favourite ice cream combination in the comments.